Depending upon your site set up, your admin area may not include a Media menu. In this case, you should skip the following content and proceed to the next support article.
The Media library is the storage area for all the images and various files you have uploaded to your site. You can upload new files or edit / delete existing ones with these controls. Images that you upload / insert while writing a post or page will also be stored and displayed in the Media library.
You should only upload images in the format png, jpg, jpeg or gif. You can also upload file formats such as .pdf and .zip to link for download from posts and pages. Where possible, you should reduce the size of your images and files before uploading them to your site, to avoid needlessly using your site’s resources.
For more information on how to use the above and additional controls in the Media menu, please use the contextual help links provided at the top right of the controls that you wish to know more about.
Last Modified: 25th February, 2011
Other ‘Web Site’ Articles...
- An introduction to your Web Site
- Dashboard Menu
- Pages Menu
- Posts Menu
- Comments Menu
- Appearance Menu
- Users Menu
- Tools Menu
- Settings Menu
- How do I upload and insert images?
- How do I assign a menu to a theme location?
- How do I add a slide show to my web site?
- How do I insert a video into my web site content?
- How do I add a newsletter subscription form to my Web Site?
- Can I install themes and plugins on an Aarfie Web Site?