How do I upload images or files for my web page?
If you have a Single Page Web Site: Your site includes in-built tools for uploading both a header image and a background image. These instructions are provided for additional images and files that you wish to insert into your page’s content.
If you have a Full Web Site: Your site has complete upload and media library controls built in; these instructions are therefore not applicable.
TinyPic is the quickest and easiest way to upload an image for use in your web page.
- Navigate to the TinyPic web site.
- Click the Choose File button.
- Select the image from your computer to be uploaded.
- Leave all the settings at their default and click the Upload Now! button.
- When the upload is complete, copy the URL provided in the Direct Link for Layouts field and use it in your web page as required.
Dropbox is a more advanced tool for file sharing and can be used for images as well as other file types. We recommend the use of Dropbox for anyone that wishes to share files publicly and privately.
We have identified a current issue specific to Google’s Chrome browser and Dropbox images used with Aarcade’s inbuilt slide show. Please use TinyPic for slide show images until Google and Dropbox resolve this issue.
- If you don’t already have a Dropbox account, create one at the Dropbox web site.
- Ensure that your files (e.g. images, pdf’s, etc.) are prepared for upload on your computer and note their location.
- Log in to your Dropbox account.
- Locate the folder named Public and click on it.
- Click the Upload button located above the file list on the following page.
- Select the files from your computer to be uploaded and Start Upload.
- Once upload is complete, hover over the file you wish to use on your web page and click the down arrow that appears to the right of the file information.
- Select Copy public link from the drop-down menu.
- Copy the complete URL provided and use it in your web page as required.
Note: If you intend to use your Dropbox frequently for uploading and sharing files, we recommend that you install the Dropbox application on your computer to make file upload even quicker and easier.
Last Modified: 15th February, 2012