How do I ensure that my customers can checkout without a PayPal account?
This setting should be on by default, but to ensure that your customers can checkout without requiring a PayPal account:
- Log in to your PayPal account
- Click Profile in the navigation menu at the top of the page
- Click My selling tools in the left navigation bar
- Locate Website preferences in the Selling online section and click the associated Update link
- Locate the PayPal Account Optional option and ensure that it is set to On
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the page
If you complete your checkout process to test the experience, you will note that the PayPal account log in is presented as your primary option for payment. This is because PayPal has left a cookie on your computer to indicate that you have a PayPal account.
For any customer that does not have a PayPal account, a credit card form will be presented as the primary option for payment.
Last Modified: 15th March, 2011