How do I customise my web space?
Aarfie does not currently provide web customisation services.
We would love to be able to answer every question about customising your web space (i.e. HTML, CSS, etc.), but unfortunately these questions quickly add up to a lot of work for us, and our small team is already spread thin just keeping up with our project and support work load. For this reason, it is extremely important that we keep our unscheduled work dedicated to support services only.
Obviously this is equally true (if not more so) of requests to perform unscheduled / unpaid customisation work on your web space.
Please respect this approach so that we may provide the best, and most affordable, service to our existing customers and also ensure the future wellbeing of Aarfie.
Access the Big Cartel Help and Developers
Big Cartel have provided a help site specifically to help you with your Big Cartel account use and customisation. If you have a question about customising your theme coding or creating custom page HTML content, we strongly recommend that you:
- Use Big Cartel’s help site as your main reference for theme customisation
- If you require theme design, development or customisation services or assistance, employ a developer from Big Cartel’s list of experienced designers
If you are interested in expanding your control over your web space customisation, we recommend that you read through w3schools CSS tutorials and w3schools HTML tutorials. You can then apply these methods to:
- Your Web Page: Using HTML and inline styles to customise your body text in the Web Page Appearance > Content admin area controls.
- Your Web Site: Using HTML and inline styles to customise your page/post content and CSS to customise your global styles in the Web Site Appearance > Custom CSS admin area.
- Your Big Cartel Themes: Using HTML, inline styles and Big Cartel API to customise your page content in the Big Cartel Design > Pages admin area and CSS to customise your global styles in the custom style coding area.
Google It! – Learn From Others
The fastest way to learn is by seeing how others do it. There are millions of internet tutorials that are just a Google search away.
You can also use your web browser to view the source code and linked stylesheets of your favourite web sites, to learn how to create the type of layout your prefer. Remember, this coding should be used for learning only; never copy the work of others.
Last Modified: 5th December, 2012
Other ‘Accounts and Services’ Articles...
- Aarfie Custom Web Development and Maintenance is Discontinued
- How do I cancel my Aarfie subscription?
- What is the difference between Aarfie Maintenance and Support?
- How do I fix a failed subscription charge?
- How do I update my payment details?
- I have not received confirmation or delivery of my order?
- What are Aarfie's rates?
- What do Aarfie's plans cost?
- What is the Domain Plan?
- What is the Site Plan?
- How do I allocate my domain management to Aarfie?
- Will Aarfie create or customise my web space content?
- Can I change the PayPal account used for my Aarfie subscription?
- What payment methods does Aarfie accept?
- How do I transfer my domain registration to Aarfie?